Class 3 Digital Signature Signing Only for individual
Q.Why Class 3 Digital Signature?
Ans. Class III DSC is issued directly by the certifying authority and indicates a higher level of authenticity as the person needs to present himself or herself in front of a registration authority (RA) and prove his/ her identity.
Q. Where Class 3 Digital Signature can be used?
Ans. Class III DSCs can be used to participate in e-tendering or e-auctions organised by governments or public sector companies.
Q. What is Signing Certificate ?
Ans. To use a digital signature or encryption we must have a digital id or digital certificate or pubic key certificate or identity certificate. It is an electronic document used to prove the ownership of a public key.
- Signing certificate, which acts as a digital signature between Sender and Recipient. When we sign data, we include our digital signature with the data as shown in image. It ensures that messages have not been tampered.
Q. What are the required documents?
- Document as proof of identity (Any one):
- Aadhaar (eKYC Service)
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Post Office ID card
- Bank Account Passbook/statement containing the photograph and signed by an individual with attestation by the concerned Bank official.
- Photo ID card issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs of Centre/State Governments.
- Any Government issued photo ID card bearing the signatures of the individual.
- Documents as proof of address (Any one):
- Aadhaar (eKYC Service)
- Telephone Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Water Bill
- Gas connection
- Bank Statements signed by the bank
- Service Tax/VAT Tax/Sales Tax registration certificate.
- Driving License (DL)/ Registration certificate (RC)
- Voter ID Card
- Property Tax/ Corporation/ Municipal Corporation Receipt
With the above documents the following conditions will apply.
- Validation of signature on application forms: At least one identity or address proof should contain signature of applicant. If absent, subscribers should submit their signatures validated by the bank where they hold a bank account. The CA should use that verification document to confirm the signature of subscriber present on the application form.
- Validity of the Address Proof: In case of any utility bills like electricity, water, gas, and telephone bill, in the name of the applicant , the recent proof, but not earlier than 3 months from the date of application should be attached.
- Using single document copy to be used for both Identity & Address proof: This may be considered. However, if the address in the Photo-id is different from the address given in the application then a separate address proof may be insisted for.
- Attestation against original copy: Copy of supporting document should be attested by any one of the following:
- Group ‘A’ /Group ‘B’ Gazetted officers
- Bank Manager/Authorised executive of the Bank
- Post Master
Q.What is PKI?
Ans. A Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) is a set of roles, policies, and procedures needed to create, manage, distribute, use, store, and revoke digital certificates and manage public-key encryption.
Q.Where it can be stored?
- The signature keys should be generated in the crypto-medium and should not be copied.
- The encryption keys are to be generated at the subscriber’s system and should be archived prior to transfer into crypto-medium.